18th C Antique Primitive Large Heavy Hand Forged Cast Iron 3 Arm Fishing Spear
RARE MID-LATE 18TH CENTURY AME RI CAN ANTIQUE PRIMITIVE, LARGE, HEAVY HAND FORGED, CAST IRON 3 ARM FORKED FISHING SPEAR/WHALING HARPOON HEAD. Early American hand forged cast iron fishing spears & whaling harpoons. 9" Width x 14 ¼" Height. Offered for your review and consideration is this recently discovered and completely over-the-top, American monumental, hand forged, 3-forked, cast iron mid-late 18th century fishing spear/whale harpoon head.
It remains absolutely untouched and undisturbed. The Trident style spear is very large, heavy and with thick gauged iron stock, pounded on an anvil by a blacksmith, literally centuries ago. The cast iron surfaces are original and feature naturally oxidized, aged patina. Good to Very Good overall antique condition.
The item "18TH C ANTIQUE PRIMITIVE LARGE HEAVY HAND FORGED CAST IRON 3 ARM FISHING SPEAR" is in sale since Sunday, November 3, 2019. This item is in the category "Antiques\Primitives".
The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in Milford, New Hampshire. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Region of Origin: US-Northeast
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: Medium (Up to 30in.)
- Style: Naive, Primitive
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Maker: Unknown American maker
- Material: Cast Iron
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Weight:: 3 lbs. 6.1 oz
- Date of Creation: Pre-1800
- American: Antique
- Mid-late 18th century: Circa 1765-1795
- Category: Antiques
- Featured Refinements: Cast Iron Antiquities
- Type: Metal & Ironwork
- Dimensions:: 9" Width x 14 ¼" Height
- Color: Naturally oxidized & pitted antique cast iron
- Signed: Unsigned